This article will help you clean the range hood filters in commercial kitchens.
Commercial kitchen maintenance includes cleaning range hood filters, which is often forgotten but essential.
Continue reading to find out how to clean kitchen hood filters.
How to Clean Hood Filters
It’s not difficult to clean hood filters once you know how.
You can have a clean, sparkling kitchen hood filter in no time at all.
What are the steps to clean range hood mesh filter? These are seven steps to clean range hood mesh filters:
- Take out your filters.
- Warm water should be poured into the kitchen sink.
- In your hot water, make a dish soap/baking soda solution.
- Allow the hood filters to soak in the solution for about 10-15 minutes.
- Use a non-abrasive brush to scrub the filters.
- Rinse and dry your filters.
- Reinstall your filters in the kitchen hood.
How to tell when it’s time for a Hood Filter Cleaning
Cleaning hood filters should be done every two weeks. Because of the important role that kitchen hood filters play when keeping your kitchen safe, it is imperative to clean them regularly to avoid grease buildup.
While some kitchen hood filters can last up to four weeks, others should be replaced or cleaned every two weeks.
Cleaning Tips for Hoods
Here are three things to remember when cleaning your kitchen hood filters.
- Super hot water is best. The hotter the water, it will make cleaning the filters easier.
- If you don’t feel confident about your ability to clean the kitchen hood, hire someone to do it for you.
- Keep your kitchen range hood clean on a regular basis. Don’t let grease build up in your kitchen.
- When to call a professional hood cleaning service
Here are some ways to determine if you should call a range hood cleaner service.
- You aren’t confident in your ability to clean the filters from your kitchen hood.
- It is not possible to devote the time necessary to clean your range hood filters thoroughly.
- It is easy to forget to clean your kitchen hood. Schedule a kitchen filter hood cleaner to do this regularly.
- You don’t own the necessary supplies to clean your kitchen hood.
- A commercial kitchen inspection is coming up, so your kitchen hood needs to be clean.
Hood Filter Cleaning Service
Seattle Hood Cleaning Pros can help you with routine cleaning or inspections of your range hood.
We are happy to assist you in maintaining the integrity of your commercial kitchen by doing hood cleaning regularly.
We care about the safety, integrity, and workability of your commercial kitchen. We want to ensure that your workplace remains safe for your employees.
Seattle Hood Cleaning Pros can help you learn more about commercial kitchen cleaning. Call us today at 206-969–29-4133.